Seven years ago when I moved to Victoria BC a relationship was formed that would change my life forever. My Aunt Wendy had recently been emitted to the Royal Jubilee Hospital for third degree burns all over her body due to a house fire. Four years before the fire she was in a severe car accident, where after she had to learn to walk again. As her only family member for over 300KM’s I visited as often as possible, which created a close bond between us!
The last seven years of her life have been a long and arduous journey which has taught her and I much about Life. I have never met such a resilient human being. Aunt Wendy has overcome many forms of sickness, depression, infections, plastic surgeries, a divorce, financial challenges and so much more. You would think someone who has been through as much as she has would lose hope in Life but this woman is the opposite. Her experience these last 11 years has actually given her a deep hope for the future and a more intimate faith in the Divine mysteries of Life & God.
A few months ago I created a ‘healing body meditation (click here to listen)’ for her, which she has practiced everyday since. She’s gone from never meditating before to practicing sometimes twice a day. Through the techniques & visualizations provided in the meditation her doctors are amazed at how quickly her body is recovering. They even commented on how healthy her lungs were before her last surgery because of the breath work she’s been doing. As she lives in the wish fulfilled of a healthy-whole body, the Universe is supporting by providing two leg surgeries which she waited six years to receive, and now her scalp is being worked on to assist the rest of her hair in growing back. She is also about to start physiotherapy, where she will re-learn to walk for her third time this Life (third times a charm!). Miracles are unfolding. . .
She dreams of the day that her son Matthew and her will walk down the beach together, feeling the sand between their toes and the next time she walks the golf course with me. She has hopes and dreams of someday owning her own place again that overlooks the mountains & ocean, where she’s able to cook, clean, and care for those she loves. Each day these dreams become a closer reality and she rests her faith in God’s love and the miracle healing journey she is on right now. This is a woman whose hope & determination has inspired me and so many others. I know in my heart that she will indeed get her walking legs back and her dreams will come true. This woman is a True hero; She’s inspired so many lives, just by being herself. She is a Living GratiDudette who practices being grateful for ALL the little things life has to offer; a delicious meal with friends, the smell of fresh air, or sitting quietly in the garden with her eyes closed soaking in the rays of the sun.
Here’s just a few of the lessons she has taught me over the years;
- Accept: you can’t change your past, you can only change how you feel about it. Accept everything from your past, accept where you are now; through acceptance, you release resistance & are ultimately liberated to move forward.
- Forgive: no grudge is worth holding onto … release those who have inflicted pain upon us and allow for the Universe to decide their fate…all things happen for a reason.
- Appreciate the little things: it is those small things we often take forgranted which need to be celebrated the most…those milestone moments are just added bonuses on the journey of life…appreciate each step of the way.
- Have Hope: never give up hope, miracles are constantly unfolding and we never know what the Universe has in store for us a moment from now.
- Give as though you have the World: this woman gives everything she has…so should we all. If we have love, give it joyfully. If we have extra money, put it somewhere that makes a difference. If we have talent, share it with the world…Give graciously & generously…it always comes back around.
- Meditate & Pray Everyday: by silencing yourself & turning within, your entire perspective & therefore reality will shift for the better.
- The Body is a Miracle: treat our bodies like the temples they are. We are miracles and it’s important that we treat ourselves that way. You’ll be amazed how quickly you can heal when you harness your fullest potential through the magic of Spirit & the Universe.
Thank you Auntie Wendy for all that you’ve taught me and for the experiences we’ve shared over the years. Here is to the rest of our lives being the best of our lives. May the story of your transformation inspire millions to achieve the unachievable!!
Social Entrepreneur, Meditation Guide, Coach
JOIN US FOR MEDITATIONS:
Mondays @ 7:12pm at Moksha Yoga (1088 Fort St, Victoria BC)
Thursdays @ 7:12pm at Zen Room (1145 Woodstock Ave, Victoria BC)
Saturdays @ 9:09am at Zen Room (1145 Woodstock Ave, Victoria BC)
Cost: $10 Suggested Contribution