Our bodies will die someday and we will leave this lovely place.
Why the %&*$ would we do anything but the things that we enjoy? Sure, we gotta eat food, have a home, wear clothes (otherwise we’ll get arrested — which is a silly rule in my opinion) and all that stuff… and yes, those things require money. But shit, we at least have the choice to enjoy what we’re doing while we do what we do.
We have the choice to either drag our ass and complain or turn on a good tune and wiggle our ass along the way as we dance through life. I’ve done both and I gotta say, dancing through the journey is a whole lot more fun.
Enjoying the journey of life also has some other side effects that I should mention…
1) We attract a way cooler group of people to spend our lifespan with because as we start doing more and more of what we enjoy we’ll connect with others who share that same interest.
2) We’ll be way healthier because lets be honest, it doesn’t take a scientist to understand that being happy is good for our health.
3) We’ll go on the most epic adventures and have the best stories to share because in the flow of following our bliss we’ll have so many unforeseen side excursions that will be so unpredictably cool.
4) People will talk behind our backs about how awesome and free spirited we are. If we’re lucky, they’ll even say we’re kinda crazy (in a good way)!
5) We will wake up stoked for the day ahead knowing that we are creating it to be exactly as we like.
6) Nobody will tell us who to be or what to do… except for ourselves of course.
7) We will get those sweet wrinkles around our eyes that happy old people have because we’ll always have a goofy smile on our face. Crows feet I believe they are called…
8) When we look at our calendar we’ll say, “Holy crap I live an awesome life, look at all the LFT’s (Look Forward To’s) I have coming up!
9) Instead of worrying about where to spend our money we’ll be dreaming up cooler ways to spend our time.
10) We will have a deep understanding (through experience) that life or the Universe truly supports us to be happy when we support ourselves to be happy.
Those are just ten of the many uncountable reasons for why we should follow our bliss and carve out our calendars to be filled with moments that are memorable so that our life is one that’s filled with magic.
Living this way requires getting over our old stories that cause us to believe that “life is hard, we’re worthless, that nobody likes us, that we need $_____ to be happy, that _________ happened to me and therefore I can’t follow my passions.” I had a lot of stories that told me living the life of my dreams wasn’t possible. But now I am here doing it, living it and being it. It is 100% possible for all of us.
Some journeys to total fulfillment will be more challenging than others given our current circumstances (which are impermanent).
However, if anyone is willing to do the work it takes to let go of those self-defeating stories then they will experience all these benefits and more… and by “doing the work” I mean dropping the negative stories, releasing the crap or patterns in our lives that are not the best use of our time or money and spending our days doing what we enjoy OR start enjoying what we’re doing.